A brick structure originally opened as the Globe Theatre on 24 June 1889 in 47/49 Fox Street. This theatre was destroyed in a fire on 7 September 1889 after three seasons.
In June 1892 it was reopened as The Globe, but gradually degenerated to become a second-rate music hall and eventually closed.
On the 1st December 1894 it once more re-opened, but now known as the Empire Palace of Varieties.
Only a reference on p.124 of Fletcher, 1994
For more information
Return to The ESAT Entries
Return to Main Page