Founded in 1903 as a pre-primary, primary and a high school under the auspices of the Dutch Reformed Church, with the Dutch motto: "Eendracht maak mag" ("Unity makes strength"). The primary school began instruction as a bilingual (Dutch and English) primary school in 1904, and in 1905 moved into its first permanent building in Bosman Street in the heart of Pretoria. On the 1 April 1907 the primary school became a government school while the Eendracht High School amalgamated with the English-medium Pretoria College in 1910 to become Pretoria Boys High. The primary school however exists to this day - though the name was changed from Laerskool Eendracht to Eendracht Primary in 2016.
Contribution to South African theatre, film, media and performance
Go to ESAT Bibliography
Return to ESAT Venues W
Return to The ESAT Entries
Return to Main Page