St Aloysius Hall

From ESAT
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The St Aloysius Hall (or Aloysius Hall) was a church hall in St John Street, Cape Town.

One of a number of public and church halls used for concerts, bazaars and entertainments.

In 1868 it was used by the Phoenix Club for their Christy's-style entertainments.


Sources

D. Edwards. 1897. The Cape Town Guide. Cape Town: Maskew Miller (Digitised 2011)[1]

F.C.L. Bosman, 1980. Drama en Toneel in Suid-Afrika, Deel II, 1856-1916. Pretoria: J.L. van Schaik: pp. 273

Go to ESAT Bibliography

Return to

Return to ESAT Venues S

Return to South African Theatre Venues, Companies, Societies, etc

Return to The ESAT Entries

Return to Main Page