Johannesburg Repertory Theatre
The Johannesburg Repertory Theatre (popularly known as the Reps Theatre), was a 550 seater space in a Scandinavian design, which opened in Stiemens Street, Braamfontein as the permanent home of the Johannesburg Repertory Society (Johannesburg Reps) in November 1951.
In 1960 it was renamed the Alexander Theatre, in honour of Muriel Alexander the founder and longtime driving-force behind the Johannesburg Repertory Society and the construction of the original theatre.
For more information
Return to The ESAT Entries
Return to Main Page