Home of the Brave
Translations and adaptations
A film adaptation was made in 1949, directed by Mark Robson.
Performance history in South Africa
1950: The play was produced in South Africa by Leonard Schach in April 1950 at the Labia Theatre, the first to be presented under the banner of The Cockpit Players. Aedwyn Darroll, Anthony Holbery, Platon James, Job Stewart and Nigel Hawthorne were the members of the cast. Decor by Cecil Pym, lighting by Ellie Swersky.
Inskip, 1977. p 30, 121.
Rand Daily Mail, 20 June 1955.
Return to H in Plays II Foreign Plays
Return to South_African_Theatre/Plays
Return to The ESAT Entries
Return to Main Page