Algemeen Nederlandsch Verbond
In 1909 it established a theatre division named Aurora , probably urged by, or even founded in association with, members of the defunct Rederijkerskamer (oratory-club) of the same name (often referred to as Aurora II, 1862-1890). The new Aurora (called Aurora III by Bosman), led by Melt Brink, lasted till 1914.
The association owned a building situated in Queen Victoria Street and the hall (referred to as the ANV Saal) was used for performances by the theatre division.
For details about the theatre division and its productions see Aurora
P.J. du Toit, 1988. Amateurtoneel in Suid-Afrika. Pretoria: Academica
Return to The ESAT Entries
Return to Main Page