Port Elizabeth Advertiser
The Port Elizabeth Advertiser was a twice-weekly free newspaper founded in March 1867 by a printer and bookbinder, William Edwards, who was also the editor. The newspaper relied on advertising as its source of revenue. In November 1945, after negotiations with her owner, John Watt, she was bought out by the Eastern Province Herald and in May 1948, became the Daily Advertiser. In 1950 she was combined with the Saturday Post and replaced with the Evening Post.