The Oddfellows Hall was
It was often used for performances in the 19th century by groups such as Aurora and Kunst en Vlyt. At one time in the early 1870s it was referred to as the Royal Lyceum Theatre and in 1875 Disney Roebuck revamped and renamed the Oddfellows Hall to the Bijou Theatre. In 1876 it reverted to its original name (?*).
Today it is part of the South African Parliament Buildings.
Laidler, 1926: 81,87, Miemie Neethling, 2002, **
For more information
See Bijou Theatre.
Return to The ESAT Entries
Return to Main Page