Founded in 1903 under the auspices of the Dutch Reformed Church, the primary school began instruction in 1904. in Bosman Street. The purpose of the meeting was to start a new school.
In the meeting it was decided, that the school had to have a Christian Character with the following criteria.
The school had to consist of a pre-primary, primary and a high school The school had to be bilingual with Dutch and English as languages of learning. Harmony and Respect had to be encouraged in the school. In the meeting Reverend Bosman was elected as chairperson and R.D. Collins as the secretary and treasurer.
On the 20th January 1904, the cornerstone was unveiled, by the wife of Reverend Bosman. This stone is currently under the window of the principal’s office.
On the 1st February 1904 Laerskool Eendracht opened its doors (on the personage of the Dutch Reformed Church) with 120 learners; 60 boys and 60 girls. Dr. M.N. Hoogenoot was the first principal.
On the 1 April 1907 Laerskool Eendracht became a government school
Eendracht School grew rapidly and they moved into their new building a year later. The current premisis.
According to a circular in December 1905, the school colours was officially dark green (symbolizing youth) and white (symbolize purity)
In 1938 the current building was put in service
Today Eendracht Primary (the name was changed from Laerskool Eendracht to Eendracht Primary in 2016). Is a dynamic inner-city school that strives for excellene and unity?
As the slogan goes that was also changed from Afikaans “Eendracht maak mag” to English “Unity makes strength”